Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 G6 and up until this month, have had few issues.

I put down the top yesterday to clean the interior of the car and noticed it took much longer than normal to secure. Today, I noticed a scratch in the middle of the trunk near the windshield (on the "lip" of the trunk).

The plastic part behind the back seats (the part that flips up and "grows wings" to allow the top to go in the trunk) doesn't seem to be as close to the back seats on one side as it is on the other.

When the top is completely down, this part of the car lays on top of the trunk - it doesn't tuck under. Since I live in Ohio, I can't remember if it is supposed to be on top or if it should tuck under the back part of the trunk.

Any clues? Hopefully that made a little sense.

· Fried like a Cheese Stick
1,100 Posts
Hmmm...not sure what part you're referring to. Here's the best pics I have of how it's supposed to look (funny how I take pics of EVERYTHING but have never thought to take closeups of the boot :eek:):

And I know they're not that great but here's some "along the way" pics:

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Droptop Diamond -

I can't compare exactly with the pictures you have (nice car though!) Would you mind taking a close up of where the trunk connects with the part behind the seats (with the top down)?

I can do the same this afternoon when I get off of work and we can compare.

The second picture seems to show that my car is fine, but I can't quite tell.

I seriously appreciate the help! :)

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey!

I actually ended up getting just enough out of your pictures to determine there is a problem. I took it to the dealership and they said it will be a simple adjustment to that piece behind the back seats.

That particular section was lying on top of the trunk instead of tucking underneath the trunk - thus the trunk got scratched.

Thank you so much for your help, though! I really appreciate it! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.