Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are any of you experiencing a cracking noise in your dashboard? I know a lot of people (including myself) have this problem with the 2005 models, I was just wondering if this problem was also affecting 2006 models...

Thank you

·
Registered
77 Posts
No problems here. I have noticed the sub does rattle the sunroof if it's vented and something in the back (need to check it out). Other than that no weird noises.

·
Registered
235 Posts
S8ER99 said:
I wonder what changed? Any part numbers available yet?
I wonder what changed as well because I was told by the dealership that it was just the 2 plastics rubbing together. Do the 2006's not have 2 different plastics on the dash or have they put something under them to keep them from touching? I don't know but there are days that it drives me nuts!!!! :p

·
Registered
124 Posts
Is this noise that you are describing something that can be heard only at startup or over the monsoon system or only when there is no sound system interference? I've never noticed it as I always have my tunes playing. :rolleyes:
I'll listen next time I get in...

·
Registered
235 Posts
The Oracle said:
Is this noise that you are describing something that can be heard only at startup or over the monsoon system or only when there is no sound system interference? I've never noticed it as I always have my tunes playing. :rolleyes:
I'll listen next time I get in...

I can hear it with the system is on. If I turn it up loud I cannot hear it. Mine sounds like plastic popping. It happens all the time, smooth road, bumpy road, around a curve......

·
Registered
532 Posts
Would be nice if they gave the 2005 owners the solution for that :( I usually try to keep the radio loud enough to drown it out. Then again that produces many more rattles.... *sigh*

·
Registered
532 Posts
Speaking of. Anyone had suggestions on how to stop that? My door locks rattle all the time.. music, bumpy/smooth road, etc (actually they are probably the main cause of the rattle i hear (the dash rattle isn't exactly loud))

·
Registered
46 Posts
i took it into the dealership

apparently im an idiot....its not leaking gas....its water escaping from the muffler before it gets to the tailpipe. they say its normal, however, the water trail has left discoloration on the muffler and in time will without a doubt turn to rust.

the metal parts from the muffler to the frame are still rusted to death. looks like they are 10 years old

1 - 16 of 16 Posts