Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How's it going everyone had a few questions about a G6 i wanted to buy bit i wanted some facts/thoughts on it before i buy.

Well it is a 2006 G6 Gt couple. It is automatic, 3.5 liter, and has roughly 39,000 miles. It is being sold for 12,8 BUT I am confident i can talk them down. Oh is has had 2 owners :/

Anyways, wanted to know roughly how many MPG does it get? Realistically of course. I am a student and will use whatever vehicle i drive quite a lot going to school, work, etc. Also, is there any common problems, if any, that i should know about?

Well i can't think of anything else, but if you do dont hesitate to write it.

THanks! And i hope to be a TRUE G6 member haha

·
beeeeeeefy
883 Posts
How's it going everyone had a few questions about a G6 i wanted to buy bit i wanted some facts/thoughts on it before i buy.

Well it is a 2006 G6 Gt couple. It is automatic, 3.5 liter, and has roughly 39,000 miles. It is being sold for 12,8 BUT I am confident i can talk them down. Oh is has had 2 owners :/

Anyways, wanted to know roughly how many MPG does it get? Realistically of course. I am a student and will use whatever vehicle i drive quite a lot going to school, work, etc. Also, is there any common problems, if any, that i should know about?

Well i can't think of anything else, but if you do dont hesitate to write it.

THanks! And i hope to be a TRUE G6 member haha
39,000 for 12,8 could be talked down a little but idk what your specs on... leather seats? all those goodies.. but dont sound like a bad price.. i got mine last november with 23,000 for 14k w/ taxes included.

gas mileage for the gt... is 18-21 city and 26-30's... there is obviously c.a.i's that will improve that even more and make the car sound better.

i havent had any problems with my 6 besides knocking in the steering, and that was taken care of the 1st week i had the car, but has come back... ive heard this is a common thing for these.. they are fun and have decent "get up n go" ;)

WELCOME! and congrats on hopefully owning your 1st 6!

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
Paid for my 06 G6 GT for 12k back in 2008 with 60k on the odometer. It hasn't given me a single problem yet. Made me regret paying for a 3rd party maintenance warranty lol

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well i know i can talk them down (and will!).IT comes with leather seats, a sunroof (which i dont really need), and some other stuff i know i am probably forgetting.

There is really only 2 things that concern me

1. That the car had 2 owners already and barley had 39,000 miles o_O

How much did that 3rd part warranty cost??

2. the amount of gas that it will use. I drive up 23 miles to school round-trip a day m-f and that's not including if i have to go to the library, performances, sports games, etc. I guess i got spoiled by my lancer which gave me 27mpg hahaha

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
I paid $1,700 for a 36,000 warranty from AUL that covered everything. My car is now at 97k miles with no problems. I could renew it, but probably won't.

·
beeeeeeefy
883 Posts
Well i know i can talk them down (and will!).IT comes with leather seats, a sunroof (which i dont really need), and some other stuff i know i am probably forgetting.

There is really only 2 things that concern me

1. That the car had 2 owners already and barley had 39,000 miles o_O

How much did that 3rd part warranty cost??

2. the amount of gas that it will use. I drive up 23 miles to school round-trip a day m-f and that's not including if i have to go to the library, performances, sports games, etc. I guess i got spoiled by my lancer which gave me 27mpg hahaha
yea the sunroof is standard for GT's.. the 2 owners doesnt mean anything, it could be that they didnt want the vehicle anymore, because they couldnt afford it or something like that, ask for a car fax man... they have to give you one....

gas is a hit your going to have to take if you upgrade to this.. not much you can do about it besides adding some things that will improve the mileage.. but if you are doing highway driving we dont do bad at all on highway..

·
Registered
190 Posts
I just got an 06 GT coupe with 35,000 on it not too long ago and it's been great. I average 26mpg, though that's mostly highway driving. I can't tell you about price as I did a straight trade for my last car. I also wouldn't worry about the number of previous owners. A single owner could just as easily do major damage to the car as multiple could. Good luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts