Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I'm gonna be going out this weekend to (hopefully) get myself a new car and I've loved the G6 for awhile. I found a dealership that has both the '06 GT and GTP and I'm a little stuck on deciding.

I know there isn't too much that's different between the two models, but I have heard from some people that there tends to be more problems with the GTP. Is this true?

I just wanna make sure I make the right choice, any advice would be great. Thanks! :)

· RAM AIR!!
266 Posts
There is actually a decent amount different between the two trims. I wouldn't say the GTP is plagued with problems at all, I have had my GTP for over 4 years now and it is still going strong. The only problems ever had are warped rotors and leaky sunroof which can happen on any g6.

· Varsity Squad
751 Posts
I have an 06 G6 GTP coupe w/ 3.9L 6 speed manual trans with over 80,000 miles on it that I bought brand new. The only problem I have had other then brakes, tires, and fluid changes was an O2 sensor's heating circuit went bad (could happen to any car, not just the GTP). I would go with the GTP, better suspension and performance. From what I have noticed from reading the forums the G6 with the most problems I believe would be the base model. GTP has better powersteering setup (hydrolic with electric power assist, not sure about GT but base just has electric power steering and there have been issues with this). Hope this helps you make your choice.

· Premium Member
144 Posts
Go for the GTP! You wont be disappointed. i had my 06 GTP for almost 4 yrs and had no major issues. I had more issues with my 01 jetta.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.