Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Turned the car off and now it won't start. Turn the key from off to first position (run not start) and appears like the battery is being pulled down. Interior lights dim and flicker. If I turn key to start dash is dark, sometimes hear starter clicking noise, CD changer shuffels. I don't think it is a battery issue. Head lights are bright when key is off. Put on battery charger for 4 hours with no change (battery charger indicated full charged), tried using 100amp instant start on charger with no sucess. tried jump started with another vehicle-no success. Anyone have any ideals where to start looking?

·
Lifetime Member
3,269 Posts
I think its the battery.Try using a good one. Do you have an aftermarket sound system w/ an amp? I find that the after market amps drain the battery quick.

·
Shaydog
2 Posts
I had the same problem you described last night when walking out of work. Went to start my 06 G6 and it was the like the starter was clicking trying to turn the engine over, but it would not start. The CD Changer was was shuffeling. I finally was able to get the car started after a few attemtps and I made it home fine so I figured it was the battery since once it started it was fine - Not an alternater issue. So when I got home - I tried to start it again and no luck. Went to get a battery and changed it out (AC Delco to a Boche) nothing would work. Sounds like it could be a fuse issue?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had a similar problem earlier in the week. After reading a couple of threads, I took the battery to Auto Zone to get tested. The battery turned out to be bad. I purchase a new AD Delco from the dealer (At a reduce price) and installed it. The car started up and hasn't failed so far. Hope you find your problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.