Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been test driving this G6 Sedan GT and the dealer who knows my friend let me test it out for a few days. The steering on it is all out of wack.. sometimes it drives perfectly straight if i take my hands off the wheel and sometimes it wants to pull to the right hard. Most the time it wants to pull right and I feel like if i dont hold onto the wheel the whole time it's going to get me in a wreck. What do you guys think is the problem with that? He told me he was going to have it aligned if i purchased it. But after reading all the steering issues do you even think its actually the front end alignment? Haven't heard any noises and the brakes seem very good.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh and by the way.. this car has had 3 owners already and it only has 22,000 miles! Seems like a very nice car though. Ride is great and quiet interior. Also.. does anyone recommend getting a warranty through the dealer? I've been reading about some problems that alot of you are having and curious if anyone would recommend the warranty.

· Registered
26 Posts
Beware, We bought our 06 with 59k and from the start it had significant steering issues, pulling to one side it was light to the left and stiff to the right, I still bought the car cause the dealer convinced me it would be adjusted, that the car needed a computer adjusted and also because my wife loved the car. It wasnt too long after that the steering acted up again and now $600 bucks for a upper steering column because there steering locked up on her and she almost hit a tree. These cars are ticking time bombs and pontiac/GM refuse to own up to this engineering nightmare and what is going to be fatal to somebody someday. I have reported our experience to the NHTSA and will file a complaint with the better business bureau tomorrow.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.