Pontiac G6 Forum banner

2006 G6 GTP motor/engine mount part numbers

8K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  y2j514 
#1 ·
I need to change my motor mounts/engine mounts. I've already replaced the front + rear trans mounts and filled them in with 60A polyurethane. But now the others need to be replaced. I have a 2006 GTP 3.9L V6 w/ manual transmission. It is hard to find part numbers and reliable info through google, gmpartsdirect and rock auto.

The part numbers for the front and rear trans mounts are:

I think there are 2 more mounts? One on the right of the vehicle, and 1 under the battery tray? correct me if I am wrong. There is also the "absorber" (22708438) does this typically need to be changed too?

I have found the part number 22708448 (side trans mount) but I am unsure if this is the left or right, as on some diagrams I am looking at it shows another very similar looking mount looking more on the right side of the car but they never have a part number for it. Specifically I am referring to this diagram:
https://www.gmpartsonline.net/auto-...v6-gas-engine/engine-cat/engine-mounting-scat

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

See less See more
#2 ·
Look around here: https://www.gmpartsgiant.com

And here: https://www.gmpartsdirect.com

The first one is probably the better of the two, but it asks for details about your car - such as transmission - that plugging in GTP doesn't answer. Also, is your car a 2-door or 4?

For parts, you need the engine mount (passenger end) and transmission mount (driver's end) plus the absorber you mentioned.

Since they are derived from the same engine block, I think the mounts for the 3.5L motor (LZ4) should be the same as for your 3.9L (LZ9) but I can't promise that. (To be clear, the LZ4 was offered in 2007, not 2006. But I think the 2007 parts may fit. The 3.5L motor offered in 2006 was the LX9, a substantially different motor. Sorry if that makes things confusing.)

One GM part # I found was 22708433 for the engine mount, passenger side. The GM part numbers can be plugged into lots of places - ebay and Oreilly, for example. They will cross to aftermarket parts, and, on the GM parts websites, you will also sometimes see newer GM part numbers listed with the notation "replaced by".

I think the p/n you found, 22708448, is correct for the transmission mount (driver's side) .

The absorber p/n you have, 22708438, is for the manual transmission. I found 22708437 for the automatic.

Take a look at these other sites, and see if that helps.

Doug

#3 ·
Thanks for your input. I'll try to be a little more clear. My car is a 2 door, manual transmission.

22708441 and 22708444 are both front/rear transmission mounts (driver side) and they have both been replaced.
22708448 as I found says it is a side trans mount. As you mentioned, I believe this is correct.
The absorber 22708438 is for a manual transmission, which is what I need, and not the 22708437 that you mentioned for the automatic.
The other number you mentioned 22708433 (passenger side) I also did find, but that was from the automatic diagram, the manual diagram seems to have a similar part in the diagram but with no part number listed in the legend.

So to be clear, the transmission has 3 mounts, and the engine has 1+ the absorber? This is what I am gathering from diagrams and your last reply.
Thank you for any clarification it is much appreciated.

#4 ·
So to be clear, the transmission has 3 mounts, and the engine has 1+ the absorber?
Yes.

It may be that the engine mount (passenger end) is common across all the transmission types (MU9, MT2, M32, MN5, M15, etc). Of course, that begs the question, why isn't the absorber the same? :)

I entered the p/n 22708433 into ebay's fit checker, and it says it is indeed a fit for a 2006 G6 GTP.

When I search for "engine mount" at www.oreillyauto.com using 2006 G6 GTP as the vehicle, it comes back with ACDelco p/n 22708433.

So I feel pretty good about that p/n for your car. (Keep in mind, ACDelco and GM share many part numbers.)
The prices I'm seeing for these parts seem kind of high, but I suppose, given the age, that they are getting scarce which often drives the price up, especially when you have a rare version with manual trans.

HTH.

Doug

#5 · (Edited)
After doing some digging on ebay, amazon and GMpartsgiant, I too agree that the engine mount is 22708433 for both auto and manual trannies. Which makes sense because it is connecting the engine to the frame and the tranny shouldn't affect that. But agreed that the absorber should follow the same logic since it is on the engine side.

My absorber 22708438 seems to be discontinued and unavailable anywhere. I did some digging on g6ownersclub and g6performance and it seems like people have been replacing it with NRG after market ones (Engine Damper). One thread seems to indicate EDA-201 seems to be a good replacement. I contacted the company to ask if the model numbers have any significance (ie. if 201 is 201mm in length), and I am waiting on a reply. I just wonder if a damper designed for a civic can handle the torque from a larger V6.

As far as prices go, I agree some of the prices are crazy but I was able to find some reasonable prices on Rockauto:
22708448 (Trans side mount): ANCHOR 3135 $48.07, WESTMAR EM3112 $61.50
22708433 (Engine side mount): WESTMAR EM3097 $46.86, DEA/MARMON A5354HY $57.47
All prices are in CAD.

Thanks for the help Doug!

#6 ·
My absorber 22708438 seems to be discontinued and unavailable anywhere.
The only other thought on the absorber is to get a junkyard 22708437 and compare it to the 22708438 on your car. Maybe all that's different is the mount/bracket on one end or the other. If so, it may be possible to press out the pin holding the mount on, get a new 22708437, and move the mount from the 438 over to that.

That assumes the damper sections are the same. That is, that they have the same stiffness.

That may be a lot of trouble. So maybe save this for if the EDA-201 doesn't work out.

HTH.

Doug

#7 ·
So just a follow up for anybody who happens to stumble onto here looking for information (or future me).
My 2006 Pontiac G6 GTP Coupe 3.9L 6-speed manual has all new motor mounts + transmission mounts.
These are the following mounts, their part numbers, and any other additional information:

Transmission mounts:
22708441 Front transmission mount (this is 1/2 of the ones that you can reinforce with a motor mount insert, or with your own polyurethane)
22708444 Rear transmission mount (this is 2/2 of the ones that you can reinforce with a motor mount insert, or with your own polyurethane)
22708448 Side transmission mount (big black rubber block)

The 3 transmission mounts are direct replacements and are the same parts numbers which any parts diagram for the car would give you. The engine gets a little trickier.

Engine Mounts/supports
22708437 Absorber (Looks like a mini gas strut air spring next to the air intake; the only upper mount). This part number is for the automatic transmission and it is NOT a direct replacement. The manual one has been discontinued. 22708437's "body" and frame side bracket are identical to the manual version, but the bracket to bolt it to the engine itself is a little bit longer on the automatic version. I had to grind off the rivet and remove the automatic engine bracket from the new part, and then salvage the manual engine bracket from my car in the same way and frankenstein the parts together with a nut and bolt.

22708433 Lower engine mount (big black rubber block, could not find this on the manual parts lookup, but the automatic diagram had this part number. I can confirm that is is a direct replacement).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.