Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This car was originally my brothers who purchased it new and kept it garaged in California until 2018 when he moved to France. At that point I purchased it for my wife and moved it to Texas where it has been garaged ever since. It has gone a grand total of about 300 miles since then and has a total of 39,400 miles on it now. I am not completely sold on selling it but was thinking of listing it and wanted to get some thoughts on the value. Although there are plenty of nice cars out there not listed for sale, the only GTP I've seen with less miles has 17K on it and is listed for $18,500.00. Mine is very clean, never any damage although it has a couple of small scratches here and there.I would appreciate any helpful feedback. Thank you.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
This car was originally my brothers who purchased it new and kept it garaged in California until 2018 when he moved to France. At that point I purchased it for my wife and moved it to Texas where it has been garaged ever since. It has gone a grand total of about 300 miles since then and has a total of 39,400 miles on it now. I am not completely sold on selling it but was thinking of listing it for $14,000.00. Although there are plenty of nice cars out there not listed for sale, the only GTP I've seen with less miles has 17K on it and is listed for $18,500.00. Mine is very clean, never any damage although it has a couple of small scratches here and there.I would appreciate any helpful feedback. Thank you.
?????? $14,000.00 for a 16 yr. old car????? Not driving them can become very expensive in maintenance updates/repairs, as I've found out. A complete mechanical & exterior inspection would be recommended for any car, of such age, for piece of mind. It "LOOKS" nice, but...............

·
Registered
2006 G6 GTP F40
168 Posts
It does look like a beautiful car and somebody will be very lucky to have it, but... Much like it was stated above, a vehicle not being driven on a regular basis could be absolutely catastrophic for its mechanical stability. I know this firsthand. When my mother was driving, she used to never drive her car because she wanted to keep the mileage down in case she ever sold it. We ended up having to replace the stupidest things on that car and it was all due to not being driven on a regular basis. There are many components of a car that are made from perishable materials. Those materials are not designed to sit in an idle state. A very thorough mechanical inspection would have to be done in order for someone to be confident that this vehicle is not going to leave them on the side of the road.
I think maybe around $10,000 would be a bit more reasonable. After all, we can't ignore the fact that it does have low mileage and it is probably in pretty decent condition. It's getting harder and harder to find these cars that have not been completely destroyed. Good luck!

·
Premium Member
485 Posts
It does look like a beautiful car and somebody will be very lucky to have it, but... Much like it was stated above, a vehicle not being driven on a regular basis could be absolutely catastrophic for its mechanical stability. I know this firsthand. When my mother was driving, she used to never drive her car because she wanted to keep the mileage down in case she ever sold it. We ended up having to replace the stupidest things on that car and it was all due to not being driven on a regular basis. There are many components of a car that are made from perishable materials. Those materials are not designed to sit in an idle state. A very thorough mechanical inspection would have to be done in order for someone to be confident that this vehicle is not going to leave them on the side of the road.
I think maybe around $10,000 would be a bit more reasonable. After all, we can't ignore the fact that it does have low mileage and it is probably in pretty decent condition. It's getting harder and harder to find these cars that have not been completely destroyed. Good luck!
At 14 g you scare a lot of people away. At 10 they can at least look.. A very sweet looking car. However, unless someone is a collector, you can be quite sure the he average Joe does not have that kind of money.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Let me add a little context. She is started regularly and run around the neighborhood regularly. I dive it to my office about twice a month and my first career was as an auto mechanic and I owned my own shop years ago. It is very well cared for and not at all neglected. It has no leaks, no misfires and is maintained very well and regular oil / fluid changes even if its hardly driven just to not allow moisture to do any damage. Thanks for the input though. I will be sure to note that information if / when I sell it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
And this is the feedback I was looking for by the way. I have someone who wants it and is willing to pay 10.5. I suppose if I decide to sell it I'll keep it simple and take his offer. I am not trying to milk everything out of it. I want it to go to someone who will put the time in to care for it. I have a depth if experience in muscle cars and high line imports but never followed any 2000's Pontiacs so all this information is very helpful.

·
Registered
277 Posts
... and the GTP was only offered as a convertible in '06, pretty much ensuring its rarity. I'd love to have it too.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a 2006 Black GTP Convertible, and am also thinking of selling. 106k miles, maintained to a T.

Everything works well , the Monsoon, the convertible, the seat heater, et. Need 15k.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts