Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gang, I've been lurking around since my issue first popped up a couple of months ago. I was driving down the street, came to a stop and when I began to take off, there was a hard jerk. It was so hard, I looked behind me as I thought I had been rear-ended. Alas, there was no one there. A couple of weeks later, the hard shifting returned along with the CEL. The hard shifting only occured in the low gears. I scanned my car with an OBD reader, and it threw out codes of P0010 and P0011(Cam Shaft Position Sensor Actuator).

That's when I came here to see if others have had similar issues. I took my car(2006 G6 2.4L), to the dealership. The diagnosed the problem as a loose timing chain and recommended replacing the Control Valve Solenoid, the Actuators, as well as the Timing Chain. It took a nice chunk out of my account, $1570. However, the car runs great...for now. I just got back from a round trip from GA to KY and haven't had any issue with the hard shifting yet. Hopefully, this solved my problem and may help anyone else out there that may be experiencing similar problems.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Usually, the 10 & 11 codes are fixed by just replacing the intake camshaft position actuator solenoid valve (though sometimes its a wiring issue). It's covered under the powertrain warranty. It's a very easy part to replace on that engine (20min max job) & a very common failure. Timing chains rarely need replacing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did print out a TSB pertaining to the wiring harness. That was the first thing they looked at. Unfortunately, my G6 was past the 100K mark. Unless I was mistaken, the warranty was expired.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts