Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a 2006, V-6 with 58k miles on it. I heard the "pop" noise in the steering. I then read about all the people on this site with the same issue. Sure enough, replaced the intermediate shaft. They also replaced the right front "lower arm"..on the wheel assembly I think. They said the joint was bad and they only sell the part as a whole. I know when I bought this from a Chrysler dealer, they had replaced a tie rod. This is a very bad first few weeks with this car. I currently own an Envoy and had a Grand Am before this...a few problems with each, but nothing major (nothing major outside of warranty that is). Years ago I had a Grand Prix that had a bunch of stuff go wrong with it. Keep asking myself why I buy GM...hopefully no more issues with this vehicle.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Don't worry, a little grease on the ISS would have fixed the problem. I ran into the same problem as you and it was bring back memories of my 88 Berrata GT Imediatley, and they were not good ones. After a few repairs My G6 Gt is by far the nicest car I have ever owned besides my 71 Chevelle SS that I still have. The worst part is the G6 drives nicer and is damn near as fast!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.