Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a fix for the 2006 G6 V6 model having trouble starting only when warm

ex. will start fine in the morning, I go to the store, go in, and when i come out, it tries to start and wont, i let it sit a few seconds, try again it has trouble but then eventually starts.

ive seen a post to try:

"Could be either gas, fuel injector's clogged, or the car BCM needs reprogrammed. Take your pick, but it's a known issue with 05/06s."

Anyone know if this will work?

Thanks
Andy
[email protected]

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've got the same problem on an '05 v6 (4door). sometimes you can pump the gas a little as you crank it (kinda like an old carberated vehical) it'll rev up but generally starts right up while doing this. really wish I could figure it out cause it's embearassing when your in the parking lot, sitting in a newer car and people are looking at you like your in an old beater that wont start half the time...lol. Anybody else got any ideas? I've tryed the fuel injector cleaner, didn't help.

·
Registered
916 Posts
I have exact thing ive read many posts over the years with "similar issues"
But this is dead on exact

In the last 2 weeks i had the starter replaced, new spark plugs and wires and used fuel injector cleaner. And it will start perfect for a couple days then in a store lot bam sounds like an old beater. LOL

Ive been doing the give it some gas and it starts.
But then instead of the beater i get the look at this guy thinks hes hot stuff revving his engine look hahaha

so yeah still have no clue what i could be but not just warm it happens in all temps for me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Mine too, weird thing is when I take it to the dealership for them to try to fix it, for some reason it wont do it for them and they say that they can't find a problem.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Yeah i know how that goes. My speedometer was 5mph off. I took it there like 3 times and it would always work..... till i finally got them to just replace it when my dad came withi was only 18 at the time so they probably didn't really care.

But im thinkng my last test will be the fuel injectors i dont know what work it would be to clean them better or something. Cause i think that might be it after everything ive done besides a computer problem.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had starting issues too but I only noticed this problem after I had installed a drop in K&N filter so I switched back to an OEM and so far no problems. I didn't disconnect the battery to reset the ECM but didn't want to go through the trouble.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.