Pontiac G6 Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
This is what happened to my Continental's

I'm still in search of a good all season touring tire that fits our size 225-50-17. I heard the General Altimax HP are good tires. Anybody have them?

·
Lifetime Member
3,269 Posts
I'm still in search of a good all season touring tire that fits our size 225-50-17. I heard the General Altimax HP are good tires. Anybody have them?
I don't know about that brand but I will say that the Falken 912 225/50/17
($95 per tire DELIVERED) are awesome! Unless I get one hell of a deal I'm staying with these tires.

EDIT
I went back and read the earlier post, you do like these tires. Good luck with the feedback for the General Altimax HP.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I do have a pair of ZE912's but I'm still worried about its winter performance. Some people say its ok, others say its horrible. I just wanted to be prepared in case I need to make a change in the future. There aren't many good all season touring tires in our size. I was even considering getting a 16'' wheel since there are more tires available for it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a 2006 G6 GT & a 2009 G6 SE V6

The Continental contact Touring Tires are the worst tires I have ever had. Even including the mastercraft tires I once had. Those of you from Canada will know what I mean.

With the 2006 G6 GT
I find I can't touch the gas on wet roads without tire spin. In the snow or on ice I'm all over the road. I'm getting real tired of seeing my back end pass me down the road. I ordered new Dunlop winter performance tires winter sport 3D and will update when I get them.

The 2009 G6 SE V6
This car came with the Hankook Optima All Season and my wife has allready complained about tire spin on wet roads. Although when I drove the car I like the better responce you get from them. They seem to be a little harder than the Continentals. Gm should put better tires on the cars they build.

·
Lifetime Member
3,269 Posts
I have a 2006 G6 GT & a 2009 G6 SE V6

The Continental contact Touring Tires are the worst tires I have ever had. Even including the mastercraft tires I once had. Those of you from Canada will know what I mean.

With the 2006 G6 GT
I find I can't touch the gas on wet roads without tire spin. In the snow or on ice I'm all over the road. I'm getting real tired of seeing my back end pass me down the road. I ordered new Dunlop winter performance tires winter sport 3D and will update when I get them.

The 2009 G6 SE V6
This car came with the Hankook Optima All Season and my wife has allready complained about tire spin on wet roads. Although when I drove the car I like the better responce you get from them. They seem to be a little harder than the Continentals. Gm should put better tires on the cars they build.
I agree, I'm going to change mine out w/ FALKENS. I put them on my Mazda and I was more than pleased with their performance. Not bad for $90 a tire. BTW, Consumer Report ranked them with Michelins.

·
12 Posts
BF Goodrich g-Force Super Sport A/S

I have been a fan of most BF Goodrich tires for some time. I know they are a division of Michelin. I have read very good reviews on other sites about the BF Goodrich g-Force Super Sport A/S. Has anyone else had experience with these?
I may just wait until next fall and purchase a set of dedicated winter tires, then buy a complete new set of rims and summer tires next spring. :)

·
Registered
73 Posts
I had the original set of continental tires on the car, they where horrible. Then I bought a set of Michelin Pilot Sport Plus. They are awesome for traction, handling, braking, and in the rain. I HIGHLY recommend these tires.

·
Pontiac Enthusiast
53 Posts
I have a 2006 G6 Coupe with Continental Touring Tires that is sliding all over the road, especially on wet roads. The tires only have 19,000 miles on them. When I called the dealer today to ask if they had any complaints about the handling of G6's with Continental Tires I was told they never had a complaint, which I find hard to believe after some of the things I've read on the internet. I was going to order the Goodyear Eagle F1 All Season Tires today until the dealer told me he didn't think it would make a difference. Has anyone else had a problem with the Continental Tires?

Judy
I had the exact same problem with mine... I complained enough that GM replaced them with Goodyear tires... much better... those tires are horrible... it's unfortunate that Continental won the bidding war against other brands to take GM in... GM ain't complaining because they are cheap... unfortunate..

·
Registered
7 Posts
My Wife has the Contintal Pro Contacts on her '05 GT, so far, she's had to replace 2 tires, the first one, she hit a curb and rolled the tire off the rim then drove a mile back home!
The other one she had to replace, was due to her hitting a pothole and driving on the deflated tire to her friends house. I wasn't too happy this time, she called me at 11 PM to change the tire in the pouring rain. I did get some satisfaction though, I made her hold the flashlight so we both got drenched.
With her driving style or lack there of, I think she'd be better off going with a higher profile tire!!
B.B.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts