Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey what's up guys i'm C-Dogg from philly. 2 months ago i threw my dsm 95 talon in the toilet and finally got with the program. :beer: 06 G6 GTP 68K magnaflow exhaust and upgraded the map sensor.

all the sudden after a big storm i get in my car after work. ac wont work. it's like 89 degrees. wtf. next i realize temp ain't moving up at all. i move a block or two bang engine light. In my 4 bangers the light usually stays on but with a legit car big deal.

i came on this forum in hopes of finding a similar problem. i had taken to mechanic. ecu code was coolant temp sensor. swapped everything ok. next day bang same problem. i saw on here this happens all the time. it's the thermostat. no matter what anyone says that's what it is. ( most said it was ) the rubber seal ring on the thermostat was bent up and replaced with ease ( well actually in shitty spot lol ). too much water going in engine... safe mode time. so when the car thinks you are about to do damage to motor no a/c, no temp, E light, and both fans go full blast. good to know they try and prevent overheating. cost of part 27 labor like 114. not too bad. pontiac will charge you 300+ so keep it local mechanic. do a coolant flush. drink a beer and smile problem solved.

i read a bunch of other posts seems this site could be useful. thanks to everyone that posted something relating to my issue i guess more will come once car gets a lil more milage on it. i'm on youtube my name is cdoggfu is anyone wants to see any philly street racing vids. i try and race rice all the time, they back right away. no one wants anything with the gtp. i like it that way cheers.
C-Dogg

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm having the same problem now. Going into the shop Monday. Funny thing is the problem happened right after a big storm just like yours did. Mine is an 09 g6 gt though.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

1 - 3 of 3 Posts