Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought this back in Feb. 2018. It had 68K miles on it. I got if from the original dealership which is now Bucik/GMC. The orignal owner had the oil changed every 3k miles at the same dealership until he traded it in for one of the new Buick convertibles. It seemed like a no brainer purchase. Things went great for just under 3,000 miles when at a stoplight the engine just stopped. No dash light, no smoke, steam, nothing. Had it towed to the dealer. Turns out it's a blown engine. I don't have the exact cause of the failure yet, but after much wrangling with the after market warranty company, the dealer is installing a brand new GM engine. Seems now the engine alone is worth more than the rest of the car. Anyway, I'm hoping to get it back in about 10 days. Hopefully, more pictures then.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
damn sorry to hear about this. I have an 07 GT Convertible 3.9L and right at about 70k miles my transmission went out. Cost me about $4000 to replace it. Then today at the car wash my rear spoiler/third brake light got blown off. I've gotten 2 estimates and both are around $600 for part and paint. Ughh!!
T

·
Registered
11 Posts
Ya sorry to hear it but not really right? Should be really sweet to have a new motor to enjoy. Mine has like 138k but she still purrs like a new one. Oh and mine is an 07 Sedan with the 2.4.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, the engine is really great. At the moment it drives like a new car. The bad part is, it's still 12 years old and now the extended warranty is maxed out on the engine so it needed a few hundred dollars of tie rod ends that would have been covered. Oh well. I'd love to get the car to 138k.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry about the transmission. I have to say if my transmission goes and the estimate is $4,000, I may just sell the care to someone looking for an almost new 3.9 GM engine. You must really like your car to invest that much.

·
Sturgis South Dakota
6 Posts
Sorry to hear about the trouble! I'm sure it will still cost you out of pocket, but the Dealership should be standing behind it 100%!
I had the 2006 GTP 3.9/Auto and loved it every minute that I had it. I sold it when we needed a 4x4 for winter, but it was a leather and horsepower dreamy machine!

I think it had about 113,000 on it when I sold it, with no signs of trouble, ever.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts