Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. this is my first post ever. i'm not sure if i am doing this right. my wife's 2006 g6 convertible has lost radio reception. everything else about the stereo works. she claims it happened when i put in the winter floor mats. i recently changed all the light bulbs in the climate control unit, and verified the antenna is plugged into the radio. i'm lost as to where i should check for the problem. does anybody have any tips or advice for me?

· Registered
567 Posts
There is still a fair amount of information missing. You say 06 gtp , therefore, I think you should have sat radio.
if yes, then what ”reception” have you lost.?am/fm or sat digital? Am/fm antennae is located on the left 1/4 the sat antennae is the black box like shape on the deck lid.
check the connections Accordingly! The sat module is in behind the back seat. Remove the apron and trunk panels to get a good look.
let us know.

· Registered
567 Posts
If not the cable. You made need to replace the radio. Try your local auto recycler or Ebay. If you have am and sat... does not sound like a power source issue.
You may also need to sync the new radio to your car

· Registered
28 Posts
I have an 06 gtp coupe that was involved in an accident and it has taken me a year to rebuild it. Now I notice that when driving the car my favorite station, FM, is not clear. As soon as I turn the engine off it comes in clear again. I tried it several times in different locations and same results. I only got to drive it a short while before it was hit so don't remember if it was doing it before. Does not have a satellite radio or Onstar if that's the same thing. Does not effect the sound on CD .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.