Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok so I have the option of buying a 2006 Crimson Red GTP with 23k on the odo for $12k or a 2009 Midnight Blue GT with 34k on the odo for $12k. I like the better power on the GTP but gas mileage worries me. I will primarily be driving the car in Knoxville, TN with trips from Knoxville to Orlando, FL (I go to the University of Tennessee but live in Orlando). So which should I take? I feel weary choosing the 2006 as it seems there were a lot of problems with the 2005? So what do you all think? Im fairly new to the G6 ring, but I have a Grand Am GT right now. I just want something thats not gonna kill me with terrible gas mileage and is not going to shower me with problems.

Thanks for any advice!

Oh, and whats the difference between the S4 and L4 4-speed auto transmissions? why does one get better gas mileage than the other?

·
Registered
9 Posts
for your situation the newer GT sounds a bit better,
if your not going to be racing it then GT seems a lot better.

i know i liked having my old saab with intake turbo exaust chip all that stuff
and rcing my friends but it was alot of money for gas and i like my G6 GT alot better now finacially. but its all up to you and where your at with money.

·
Registered
25 Posts
In my opinion, I'm very glad I got the GTP with the big 3.9L . Nice and fast, and you just can't beat that nice engine rumble. My gas mileage really isn't that bad. I drive mostly highway miles and have the 6spd Manual...don't know what transmission the GTP is that you're looking at. I am getting around 27 MPG. It's my regular commute car as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.