Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have g6 throwing the code p0449 and im trying to look for the part for my evap vent solenoid. I know it is attached to the gas tank but im not sure how the part is listed... Do I need Canister Vent Valve or Canister Purge Solenoid? I do know that there is nothing wrong with my Canister Purge Solenoid that is on the top of my engine.

My second issue is my intermediate steering shaft. I have had it replace and all the dealer did was replace it with refurb part. So now my issue is I want to just lube it up. I found a picture on one of these forums how to lube it but it is difficult to get lube in the spot shown in picture. http://www.justanswer.com/pontiac/2odve-2006-pontiac-g6-v6-4dr-week-bought-it.html

i also have vibration in the steering wheel....example would be when im drive down the road and I let go of steering wheel it will shake back and forth?
(ive changed brakes rotars, had alignment and balance)

Any Ideas

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
I have g6 throwing the code p0449 and im trying to look for the part for my evap vent solenoid. I know it is attached to the gas tank but im not sure how the part is listed... Do I need Canister Vent Valve or Canister Purge Solenoid?
The 449 means you have a bad vent solenoid valve or a problem in it's wiring harness. If you PM me with an email address I'll send the vent valve R&R from the '06 manual. You'll have to partially drop the fuel tank.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
greenman my email is [email protected]

Master Cylinder? What does that have to do with the problems I listed

And I have tried lubing the shaft but white lithum grease foams up and really doesnt go in the shaft....and I now have new problem. A hissing noise when im accelerating. I dont know if it is from steering or what its from it sounds like it is right in front of me while im driving. It sounds like its pressurized

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
The new I-shafts are not supposed to be lubed.

"Important: Revised design intermediate shafts went into production in the 2009 model year and are the only design currently available through GMSPO since approximately September 2008. Since any model year vehicle could have had a second design shaft installed, it is critical to identify it before proceeding. The revised design intermediate shafts will NOT tolerate any type of lubricant per the following instructions. Adding lube to the second design shafts will cause a clunk noise in a very short period of time. Use the following pictures to identify which design of shaft you are servicing."

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Today I tried to drop gas tank and I couldn't get the fuel tank guard or whatever past my exhaust pipe. What is the trick to get the fuel tank guard past exhaust pipe so I can lower gas tank enough to reach my hand up to change part?

·
Registered
606 Posts
Today I tried to drop gas tank and I couldn't get the fuel tank guard or whatever past my exhaust pipe. What is the trick to get the fuel tank guard past exhaust pipe so I can lower gas tank enough to reach my hand up to change part?
The exhaust is in rubber mounts, just pop out enough to get tank down.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What about the muffler in the rear. That seems like what is holding the exhaust from moving. It is actually.mounted the pipe is not

1 - 14 of 14 Posts