Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just read an article on the 2007 Saturn Aura XR 3.6. It's built on the Epsilon platform like the G6, is basically Saturn's version of the G6, Opel Vectra, Chevy Maliboo, etc. It weighs 3630 lbs, 252 HP @ 6400, 251 torque @ 3200 (pretty low), 0-60 in 6.2 seconds w/ the 6 sp auto (!), and 1/4 in 14.9 @ 95 mph. Should be similar to the G6 in every respect. EPA city is 19, C & D Observed was 22 in mixed driving. Think I'll just keep my 3.9L GTP Coupe for the time being, as not much has changed performance-wise. Wonder what it would do with a MT?

·
Registered
916 Posts
I just so one for the first time a couple weeks ago in Iowa when i went up there, the thing that got my attention was it also has the panaramic roof so i followed it and (SATURN!!!!) i couldnt beleive it, the tail lights look like the could fit are car perfectly and they look better. IMO :D
Here is a linked image from photobucket

·
Designed For Action
509 Posts
Blackrider said:
We're going to have the rare car's now :)
That's true. The G6 GTP with 6 MT and 3.9L VVT was for only 1 model year. Definitely a rare car. :)

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lucky! Except when you're stuck in gridlock LOL :)

·
Designed For Action
509 Posts
Let's get back on topic. The 3.6L DOHC did have a 6 MT in the original G6 concept sedan. The car was rated at 275 hp. So, it has been done, but not in a production vehicle. I would think at a 275 hp / 275 lb ft tq. level, a 3.6L with a 6 MT would turn a 0-60 in the 5.8-5.9 sec. range. I would estimate a 1/4 mile of about 14.6 @ 97 mph. ;)

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Easily. I read that 275-300 or so HP about all you can reasonably get out of a FWD vehicle, but I think with traction control systems that seems low. The Caddy Seville STS had 300 HP, was FWD, and that was in the late 1990s-2004.

·
Registered
86 Posts
6 speed is way more fun. even in gridlock i would rather be driving a stick.

and i think i have seen the tail lights compared before and the ones on the saturn are very similar in shape but not the exact same. it wouldn't take a whole lot of fab work to get them in assuming the body lines are the same, but they won't just swap out.

there are GTPs running high 14.6s at just under 96mph. i don't think there will be much of a difference performance-wise between the 3.9L and 3.6L cars. i am not sure why GM even bothered to make the switch.

·
Registered
140 Posts
bristol16 said:
there are GTPs running high 14.6s at just under 96mph. i don't think there will be much of a difference performance-wise between the 3.9L and 3.6L cars. i am not sure why GM even bothered to make the switch.
Who ran a 14.6?

Anyway, the 3.6 is DOHC, which of course everyone thinks is technologically superior to the 3.9 OHV. That's probably why GM switched over to the 3.6.

·
Registered
86 Posts
TLS2000 said:
Who ran a 14.6?
G6GTPV6HO

TLS2000 said:
Anyway, the 3.6 is DOHC, which of course everyone thinks is technologically superior to the 3.9 OHV. That's probably why GM switched over to the 3.6.
doesn't make sense to me. MPG is about the same, power is about the same, they shoulda done the 3.6L out of the box or left the 3.9L in there. oh well, not my call.

·
Registered
2 Posts
bristol16 said:
they were putting them in 2005 caddys but not 2006 pontiacs? sounds like GM was dragging its feet on that one lol.
Not really... The LY7 wasn't available in FWD "trim" in 2005. GM probably didn't even have plans to put it in a FWD vehicle back then--it was originally designed in RWD form.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.