Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can open the trunk but the strut supports that were replaced 2 years ago are no longer hold up the trunk.
Also since this started happening (2 days ago) now the top won't go into the trunk properly. I don't know where I can even take it to have it repaired.
Or if it is a simple fix that my friend (who replaced the trunk struts) can do with the correct parts.
Any help/direction would be greatly appreciated!

·
Super Moderator
912 Posts
You can have weak trunk support struts and still have an operational roof. My guess is that these problems are not directly related.

One of the first things I would suggest is taking a look at the wiring on the hinges in the trunk. Quite a few of the members have noticed cracked / broken wires. A broken wire could easily cause the top to stop moving as the micro switches would not report the expected conditions.

Hope you can get it fixed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
You can have weak trunk support struts and still have an operational roof. My guess is that these problems are not directly related.

One of the first things I would suggest is taking a look at the wiring on the hinges in the trunk. Quite a few of the members have noticed cracked / broken wires. A broken wire could easily cause the top to stop moving as the micro switches would not report the expected conditions.

Hope you can get it fixed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had the same issue after having my trunk struts replaced. I had issues with my top with the wires repeatedly breaking and repeatedly being replaced. Finally we got good wires installed properly and it all works now. I take my car to my local GMC dealer as they once sold Pontiacs. They are still able to get parts from GMC. My car is a 2009 G6 hardtop. There will come a day when there just won’t be any parts left! Pity! I love my car!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts