Pontiac G6 Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
There is a thread on here discussing reman cylinders.
It seems that the two easiest causes of a roof are frayed wiring and cylinders. I need to inspect that stuff this weekend.
Please keep us posted, and pics never hurt.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
232 Posts
As davez26 alluded, there are threads that discuss the cylinders. Also, take a look at this site:
This is a vendor some here have used and are well regarded. There are eBay vendors that sell used (and therefore unknown lifespan) parts as well. Good luck on your quest. - Mark

·
Registered
588 Posts
I sent mine to top hydraulics as mentioned above. I would also recommend sending both main rams in. When I got one done, the other failed almost immediately after. You may be luckier but I am thinking the one going out puts more strain on the other.

Glad to hear you have made progress. Good luck with the next stage of the fix

·
Registered
2 Posts
My top has been down for a week, i tried to bring it up and the first 3 attempts it did nothing. The 4th time it moved 1 inch.
So now the trunk button wont engage and top is stuck in DOWN position.

When i push the Up/Down button i can hear the motors winding for bout 6-8 sec. but nothing happens. It sounds electrical.

My Dealership isnt the best and i'm reluctant to take it there. Any advice me me?

For more information on soft top please visit the website here jeepequipment.com/best-soft-top-for-jeep-wrangler-review/

21 - 24 of 24 Posts