Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all - I got off of work today and noticed my car door will not open from the outside on the driver side. It opens fine from the inside, just have to reach across from my passenger side to open my driver door which sucks for now. I'm not a huge car person, don't know a lot about cars, but I was wondering if anyone has run into the same issue and if it's as simple as youtube telling me to buy a new handle and replace it or if I need to take the door apart to see what's going on inside. Waiting until it's daytime tomorrow to see. Thanks for any advice.

·
2007 G6 GT conv
18 Posts
Had my door handle come off in my had one time when I opened it. Took it to the dealer and they painted and installed a new door handle. It is made out of plastic and therefore will not last long always. Several years after, the paint began peeling and the dealer was out of business, so I went online (eBay) and the chrome Chevelle door handle from the same era are exact fit. So I upgraded from body color to chrome door handles and it looks and works fine.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts