Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So basicaly i changed the stock radio to another stock radio but the both were shit the screens didn't work the first one blanked out but a week later miles went up really high and the mph changed to khm
And i already switched out the old radio to a new screen is there anyway to change it my self without haveing to pay alot of money i already took off the terminals thinking it help but nothing

·
Registered
130 Posts
What do you mean "screen" ? Do you mean the DIC (driver's information center) readout ? I'm thinking that to change stock radios you would need to have a dealer reset the new radio for a fee. This is why I dumped the stock radio and replaced it with a double DIN Kenwood. I really don't care about that information. I have no intention of keeping up with cost of maintaining the stupid tire pressure system. Don't care about my gas milage. Don't need to be told when to change my oil. ETC ETC

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well basically I got rid of the old one already and put a new touch screen but the problem with that is like the thing is reading in kmh instead of miles per hour

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's basically why I got another one for the G6 back to stock radio is to see all that stuff but that's only because I had just barely body and I liked it that it was like kind of somewhat Hi-Tech but still basic but then I was like f*** that I just got another radio like a touch screen

1 - 4 of 4 Posts