Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I finally decided to retire my 2002 Pontiac Sunfire (217,000 miles). The car still runs like new (seriously), but the paint looked bad, the interior is worn and I wanted a convertible.

Picked up my G6 for $11k. I got the dealer to replace the steering column and give me a $500 discount for the "shifty" front end. It is the charcoal color I like, the GT exhaust sounds beefy, and the leather interior is sweet! So I didn't haggle as much as I usually do!

My first searches on this site will be to figure out what to do about the front end. I always prefer to do the work myself, but having it done at a shop gives me some leverage if I need to go back to the dealer.

My impression is that the problem is not severe - either worn bushings or bad struts. So maybe I will do this myself. On smooth road, the car feels spectacular and quieter than the Sunfire. But I'd also like to do this once and be good for at least another 50k-100k.

Looking forward to being part of this site!

·
Registered
447 Posts
Check the front end links too, they wear out often and make noise, upgraded ones work well to fix that...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts