Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, this has been a great forum over the years and a wealth of knowledge for DIY fixes. I have a 2007 G6 GT Convertible that has been sitting up for over a year now with no interior power. I tried what I thought were the usual suspects: Battery and cables are good and fuses appear to be good as well. I previously had some electrical issues (interior lights, door locks, etc going crazy - similar issues posted on this site), but those were resolved. I also had some top issues but had it repaired at the dealership. I'm totally at a loss. Has anyone had this issue or know of anything I might have overlooked or just missed completely? Any help is appreciated and I thank you for your time.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Have you checked that you are getting power to the Body Control Module (BCM) and that the connectors are well seated? The BCM has a number of fuses that you could check for both power and continuity. The BCM could have also failed. Whilst you are there it may be prudent to add electrical grade dielectric grease to the connectors as this has been known to resolve odd issues (though not specifically a complete power failure)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts