Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member here.

This weekend while driving 5 hours home, car shut off for no reason (no battery light/warning at all before shutting off). After checking battery (OE battery) negative side water cells completely dry and positive side 1/2 empty. Purchased new battery that evening and a new alternator the following day. After replacing each, now I have an issue with the traction control (TC) disengaging on its own and an intermittent CHK ENG light (sometimes lit, sometimes not). Anyone have any idea what can cause this issue? when the CHK ENG light is on with the TC disengaged, it is causing my transmission to shift HARD into the next gears; when CHK ENG light not on, it seems to shift smoothly. I travel every weekend approximately 5 hrs to/from work and home. Also, anyone know where I can get an owners manual for this vehicle? It would make it easier for me to locate fuses. I had absolutely no idea there were 3 different areas to find fuses; i.e., engine bay, passenger side floorboard, and the trunk. WHY PONTIAC? WHY?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts