Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I am looking at a 07 g6 GT. The car has a lot of miles ( 131k ) but looks and runs/drives very nice. My only complaint is the brakes seem like you have to stand on them to work well. The car is going to be for my daughter. I am car guy but never owned a GM. Are there any issues I should look for?

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
The brakes should be fine after you replace the pads. Sounds like the existing ones are worn out.

The G6 will be a great first car for your daughter. Just be easy on the tranny, seems to be a tad easy to break. Also, plan on replacing one or two door lock actuators as those were designed very poorly. One more thing, the headlights are guaranteed to haze pretty quick, if they aren't already, so plan on either resurfacing or replacing them at some point.

Nice Talon by the way! I love those cars.

·
Registered
290 Posts
i agree with D0M1NIX. when i bought mine, same deal. brakes were rough. New pads, new rotors later and they are still working great to this day. and that was a year and a half ago

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The brakes should be fine after you replace the pads. Sounds like the existing ones are worn out.

The G6 will be a great first car for your daughter. Just be easy on the tranny, seems to be a tad easy to break. Also, plan on replacing one or two door lock actuators as those were designed very poorly. One more thing, the headlights are guaranteed to haze pretty quick, if they aren't already, so plan on either resurfacing or replacing them at some point.

Nice Talon by the way! I love those cars.
Thanks!

coupe or sedan?
It is a sedan.

I have a buddy that works at the dealership where it is being sold and asked him to pull it in the shop and take a closer look. When I test drove it I did notice the pads looked almost gone ( rotors seemed fine ). Thanks for the tips.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts