Pontiac G6 Forum banner

2007 g6 gt

4K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  JustMe 
#1 ·
Hey everyone I'm new here. I'm a 19 year old girl. I have a 2007 g6 gt. It's I just got it in march it's my second car(my first was a 2003 chevy cavalier). I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to how I could make it my own something that's not too hard because I have no idea what I'm doing :).

This pic is from the day I bought it.

See less See more
#4 ·
Thanks! I got my windows tinted for my birthday in July my mom paid for it. 5% in the back and 35 in the front because that's all that's legal where I live.
Any suggestions on things I could do with the color purple? Inside or out. It's my favorite color.

#5 ·
Congrats! I don't see what you being a girl has to do with not knowing stuff about cars. From my experience, more girls are more tasteful with appearance mods than guys, have better reaction times (racing) and learning to wrench on a car is for anyone!

Like others have said, taking off the badges is a must. All you need is some fishing line or dental floss, a hair drier and some goo gone. Heat up the badge where it's hot to the touch, then use the line/floss to "saw" the badge off. Be sure to pull towards you as you "saw" so you
Don't scratch the paint. Once the badge is off, rub off the foam tape with your fingers and use the goo gone to remove the glue. Then wash off. It's that easy.

Edit:
I saw your purple comment, two purple racing stripes! It'll look good on silver. Or purple arrowhead over lays for the bumpers and wheels, more subtle than the stripes. But I still say purple racing stripes!

Good luck!

#6 ·
Well I'm actuallly not bad with tools. I can put stuff together and I'm goodwith computers I just haven't really tried anything with cars. I did however manage to change my shifter knob yesterday! I was just seeing if I could do it because I found a cheap one.

#13 ·
Welcome to the site!

I've looked at those but they are overlays so when they are installed they will not have a smooth look compared to the rest of the dash (they'll stick out a bit). You could always use spray paint (seriously!) and highlight whatever you want. I've done everything that was chrome or silver in my interior with red except for the speedometer (haven't gotten around to taking it apart) and the door opening handles. I even painted the chrome on my radio and A/C knobs, which took forever. Purple would look pretty awesome if you have the black interior.

~ MattInSoCal

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.