Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2007 G6. When I purchased it they stated that the radio didnt work. It would only display messages in the info center. Well I messed around with it and nothing would work, volume, radio, fade, balance, etc... So i decided to see if a cd would play and I put it in and it played and that in return made the volume and stuff start working, but the radio still does not work, it just outputs static. I done a seek for stations and it comes up with nothing. I took the radio out and verified that the antenna was hooked up still and it was. Does anyone know what would cause this? Is the tuner out of the radio maybe?

Secondly, I went ahead and swapped that radio out with a non factory radio head unit that I had. Can this be done by just using a wiring harness from walmart for the Pontiac Car? I hooked up the radio and it powers on but nothing comes out on the speakers, not even static. Also as soon as I push source to turn it to the tuner the car lock displays on the dash and all the dash lights go off and the head unit displays amp error. Can anyone tell me the exact steps t hooking up a non factory head unit and with what parts to make it work? Any and all information would be very greatful.

Thank you in advance... :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts