Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 165 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone found/heard any information on the 2007 G6? I've scoured the net but haven't been able to find anything. Since quite a few 07 vehicles have already been publically released, it shouldn't be all that long until we hear something. I just don't want to go buy one and then find out they put 270 HP DOHC engine in it for 2007. I'm thinking of ordering a coupe. I don't want to wait, because I've never driven an stick and would want all summer to get it down before winter arrives, but I'd hold off for a year if I knew something great was coming. So if you've heard any snippet, please post.

·
Registered
39 Posts
You took the words from my mouth. Sadly I have no news to report but I can't wait either. Considering I don't have much time left on my lease of my MAXX and I can get my dream car of course the G6 coupe. If anyone knows when the new ones are going to debute please let us know!!

·
Designed For Action
509 Posts
There should be some solid info next month. I will be going to the New York Auto Show next month, so I'll ask around. The rumor is that the 3.6 DOHC V6 will be going in the G6 GTP. ;)

·
Registered
54 Posts
'07 information will be available next month on GM Fleet.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Whats GM fleet? and how do you know it will be out next month? any more specific on the date?

·
Registered
557 Posts
SCGA1 said:
There should be some solid info next month. I will be going to the New York Auto Show next month, so I'll ask around. The rumor is that the 3.6 DOHC V6 will be going in the G6 GTP. ;)
Where the hell have you heard that? My lease is up in December, I was going to be glad to get another car, but if that is true I may get another G6.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I'll be a little upset if the '07 has standard side airbags, but I won't care that much. I'll be really upset if the GTP has a 270 hp engine. Unless the price tag is higher than the '06.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Lucius said:
I'll be a little upset if the '07 has standard side airbags, but I won't care that much. I'll be really upset if the GTP has a 270 hp engine. Unless the price tag is higher than the '06.
3.9L stays at 240/225hp.

I got into the system, the CSV info has been released. They get the 3.9L standard for 2007, and the output is 240hp.

·
Registered
54 Posts
bigbengt67 said:
^ Not as upset as us '05 GT owners who could only get a 200 HP car were this year!
Not sure if you're joking...

But the engine hasn't changed. 201HP is the SAE-certified rating. The engine's the same, except that we get a fancy engine cover.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ToniCipriani said:
3.9L stays at 240/225hp.

I got into the system, the CSV info has been released. They get the 3.9L standard for 2007, and the output is 240hp.
What is CSV info? And do you mean the 3.9 is standard on the GTP for 07' or standard for all G6's?

·
Registered
54 Posts
jp375 said:
What is CSV info? And do you mean the 3.9 is standard on the GTP for 07' or standard for all G6's?
CSV - Crossover Sport Van, i.e. Uplander-Montana-Terraza-Relay quartet. Montana's gone for MY2007 though.

No exact info about the G6 yet, but I would say the 3.9L stays for GTP.

·
Designed For Action
509 Posts
bigbengt67 said:
Where the hell have you heard that? My lease is up in December, I was going to be glad to get another car, but if that is true I may get another G6.
From someone who works close to the G6 product line. ;)

1 - 20 of 165 Posts