Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2007 black on black leather 3.9 loaded GT convertible with 155K won't move in drive. Works 1 - 4 in manual, drive after 2nd gear is reached, and reverse. Won't go into1st gear from drive. It's not throwing any codes but we're told it needs a 1-2 shift solenoid or another new tranny. Already had a rebuilt GM one at around 66K. Nice looking car but just don't want to put any more money or time into it. Be listing on the for sale or for parts side. Anyone need anything let us know. We're 45 minutes west of Chicago. Typical oil dribbles. Newer tires. No body rust. Had the entire front end done last year (struts, control arms, out tie-rods, bushings, rotors, hubs) Top works fine but one of the sensors is bad (top not secure message). Blend door stuck in defrost mode but blows hot or cold when called for. I'll send pictures upon request. If you have a good tranny and patience to change the blend door actuator out (which I have) it would make a fun project.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Blower door that was stuck in defrost mode unstuck itself today... must be the 65 degree weather in Chicago. We'd like to get at least $1,000 for the car. Getting requests for parts off it. If it's not gone in a week or so we'll part it out.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2007 black on black leather 3.9 loaded GT convertible with 155K won't move in drive. Works 1 - 4 in manual, drive after 2nd gear is reached, and reverse. Won't go into1st gear from drive. It's not throwing any codes but we're told it needs a 1-2 shift solenoid or another new tranny. Already had a rebuilt GM one at around 66K. Nice looking car but just don't want to put any more money or time into it. Be listing on the for sale or for parts side. Anyone need anything let us know. We're 45 minutes west of Chicago. Typical oil dribbles. Newer tires. No body rust. Had the entire front end done last year (struts, control arms, out tie-rods, bushings, rotors, hubs) Top works fine but one of the sensors is bad (top not secure message). Blend door stuck in defrost mode but blows hot or cold when called for. I'll send pictures upon request. If you have a good tranny and patience to change the blend door actuator out (which I have) it would make a fun project.
Just bought a G6 Gtp that is gonna need power steering parts. Rack N pinion, high pressure line, pump.
Lmk I actually plan on being around Chi in a few days lol

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We just put new pressure and return lines on it along with a new power steering pump this winter. Rack is fine. No leaks or whine. I'll get some pictures uploaded this weekend.

·
Registered
183 Posts
We just put new pressure and return lines on it along with a new power steering pump this winter. Rack is fine. No leaks or whine. I'll get some pictures uploaded this weekend.
Still have the car hanging around for parts pulling and whatnot? I'm considering coming to get all of the hart-top components and front bumper fascia underskirting.., or just take the whole thing depending on price.

·
Registered
1 Posts

i could use the passenger wire harness for the deck lid... i will be in the chicago area next month or will pay shipping

·
Registered
1 Posts
Do you have and if so What would you want for the passenger side whole seat belt mechanism. mine is locked up. And if it's not broken the Pontiac emblem in front and both metal grill grates. I'd also love to get the duct tape off my car and just replace my
rear passenger taillight lens.. 😣
Ship to Maine?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts