Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 07 has been shifting hard into 1st when coming to a stop. All the post I have read all seem to have hard shift issues when shifting while under acceleration. Any Advice on my issue?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Sounds like your clutch is not fully releasing. Why are you down shifting to 1st gear. Try using your brakes instead. Brake pads are much cheaper to replace than clutches transmission parts. No.....professional drivers use their brakes !!

·
Registered
297 Posts
I think he is talking about the automatic 2-1 downshift, rather than a manual downshift.
OP? Please confirm.
If an auto shift:
First things first, bright cherry red fluid, or stinky brown? Somewhere in the middle probably okay, but you know what I am talking about here.
Cheapest thing to try is to erase adaptive shift memory. The transmission 'learns' how you drive and tailors shifts to your driving style. Sometimes it gets confused. Open the fuse box underhood, pull the transmission related fuses, go do something for an hour or so, then out them back. First drive may be weird. Just drive as you normally do. It may take a while to get 'normal' again. Maybe a few drives or a week. My shifts were super soft on reset, until the TCM caught up with me.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My 07 has been shifting hard into 1st when coming to a stop. All the post I have read all seem to have hard shift issues when shifting while under acceleration. Any Advice on my issue?
Thank you daver26. You hit it on the head!! I need to check the fluid it has been a couple miles since I thought about it. I will try the fuse pull this weekend and let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you daver26. You hit it on the head!! I need to check the fluid it has been a couple miles since I thought about it. I will try the fuse pull this weekend and let you know how it goes.
Man I apologize davez26

1 - 6 of 6 Posts