Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone replaced the front flex pipe on a 2007 GTP 3.6l recently. It appears that this part is no longer available. Do parts from 2008 GXP 3.6l interchange? My parts person who can usually find interchangeable parts can’t find anything on this. I think that a walker 51131 may be the correct length and I’ve seen on eBay a part from Canada for a Saturn aura that’s looks the same but everywhere I’ve checked the 2007 models are unique. Can anyone help??? Thanks.

·
Registered
2006 G6 GTP F40
140 Posts
GTPs only came with a 3.9L. If it has a 3.6, it's a GXP. There are no parts that interchange between these two engines.

·
Registered
269 Posts
The '07 GTP came with the 3.6. (So says the original brochure.) The GXP wasn't introduced until '08.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes it’s a 3.6. 2007. I ordered and received the flex pipe for a 2008. It has a larger (3”) exit flange vs my original
2-1/4”. I may get a new 3” resonator (glass pack ) and weld up a 3” flange to bolt to the new flex pipe. Then reduce it back to 2-1/4 to the intermediate pipe. Maybe next year have a custom 3inch intermediate pipe made and install 2010 camaro style mufflers and tips. I’ve seen photos and videos of a few of these done.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes it’s a 3.6. 2007. I ordered and received the flex pipe for a 2008. It has a larger (3”) exit flange vs my original
2-1/4”. I may get a new 3” resonator (glass pack ) and weld up a 3” flange to bolt to the new flex pipe. Then reduce it back to 2-1/4 to the intermediate pipe. Maybe next year have a custom 3inch intermediate pipe made and install 2010 camaro style mufflers and tips. I’ve seen photos and videos of a few of these done.
I'm in the same boat... I saw the "discontinued" for our 2007 flex and was puzzeled as "why" the 2008 would not fit, with same engine/trans on same car (except the badge GTP =>GXP.. (lol).
Now that you informed us that the "out" is bigger (3'')... I'll prepare myself, for something like you plan to do, or similiar.
That said, I went back to Rockauto, wich just did not "showed" the part (for our 2007), with 2008 year, and .. voila ! The Walker 51131 (11 3/8''), as you stipulated, but also "cheaper" ones, from "AP-EASTERN" 28816 (14 ½'') or 18209 (11 5/8'').

If (when) you have your installation done, If I may ask, post the "final results", with pictures !
I'll chim-in with mine, too.

It's that kinda post that already helped me, and may help future G6-GTP-07 owner to go to the right/best solution, fast !

Regards, Denis.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts