Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So GM today announced a recall for 2007 Chevrolet Equinox, Chevrolet Cobalt, Pontiac Torrent, Pontiac G5 and Saturn ION cars originally sold or registered in Arizona, California, Florida, Nevada or Texas. The recall is for a fuel pump leak that can occur in some of the plastic plumbing.

Here's the thing, my 2005 G6 GT had the exact same fuel pump leak occur several months ago. I was out of warranty and the dealer said they never saw a similar circumstance so I had to pay out of pocket. Now it seems it is fairly common on GM vehicles as the 2007 vehicles are now being recalled. GM probably needs to expand this recall to the older G6's!

Has anyone ever had success getting GM to reimburse them for repairs to vehicles similar to those, but not included in, a recall?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Funny ...my 07 G6 just had the same issue. $300 and half a day of my husband working on it and its fixed . Clearly it's an issue with the hard plastic tubing on all these models...lame. Fingers crossed our year and model get recalled and we get reimbursed :banghead:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts