Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I tried opening the top on my G6 and the driver's side middle latch that holds the two roof pieces together won't open. The pin it holds onto seems bent very slightly, but the system moves the arm somewhat. Anyone have advice how to get things broken loose and useable again.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There's a set of latches between the roof panel and the back window panel, above the rear windows. It locks the two panels together.

·
Registered
674 Posts
I have seen it, but never had to work on it. Once the car is off and the hydraulic pressure has dropped I believe you are able to move the roof mechanisim by hand or with a rachet. I think there is a plug on the roof panel that covers what you are meant to use. If you can get to it, you should be able to compare both sides as you move it.

Sorry it is not specific, just what I would try. I would also try some silicone or other non tacky lubricant on anything that is supposed to move.

Hope you get it fixed.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Today I tried opening the top on my G6 and the driver's side middle latch that holds the two roof pieces together won't open. The pin it holds onto seems bent very slightly, but the system moves the arm somewhat. Anyone have advice how to get things broken loose and useable again.
If needed i have a boot cover with side flaps available...Bought to repair [email protected] salesusa.com

1 - 7 of 7 Posts