Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been having this issue while driving or when warming up my car, where power steering pops up on the car radio portion as well as a Low fuel. When driving this will happen and my odometer stays at 0 even though my car is still going 60. The Fuel reader is on empty even though the car tank is full. It will also read error on the dash portion under the odometer. I'll continue to drive and when I come to a stop and then begin to go the car has trouble shifting from 1-2 on its own. I usually just keep driving then the car will go back to normal, but then that beeping noise for when something is wrong just continues to go off, until I turn the car off. This wasn't really giving me issue during the summer, but now that it's cold out it has been occurring more frequently. Does anyone know what might be the issue or has anyone experienced this issue before?

· Super Moderator
1,013 Posts
There are a number of weird issues similar to those you describe that are solved by adding electrical grade dielectric grease to the Body Control Module (BCM) connectors and working the connectors back in. It is simple and cheap and may solve some of your issues. If you search for dielectric bcm I am sure you will find lots of threads.

Good luck with the fix.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts