Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow club members(lol),
I recently bought a 2007 sedan with xm and no monsoon. I really badly want a aux jack and it pains me that I cannot upgrade to a double din touch screen dvd player because i will lose a ton of functionality of the car.. and i hate the idea of the Metrix thingy. I have seen that it is possible to upgrade to the 09 version with an aux jack and 6cd changer, but am curious of it is possible with the 2010 head unit that also has the usb iphone functionality. Can the info centee be controlled the same way as in the 07 model?
Im also curious about adding the steering wheel audio controls if that is at all possible?
Thank you in advance for all input.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
The 2010 radio doesn't have the DIC in the radio like the older models do, so you wouldn't be able to change any settings. If you want an aux in, get an 08-09 that has one.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! I was unsure if the info still went thru that head unit or not. Guess i'll just go with the 09 6cd and aux version. Is there anything i must do when it comes to the wire harness, or is it basically going to be just plug and play if it doesnt need to be flashed?
I also dis more research into the steering wheel control and i already have the wiring for it, but can't find really any info on how to install it exactly or even where i can buy it from. I don't need to replace the entire steering wheel right??

Sent from my Verizon 4G LG Intuition.

·
4,052 Posts
the radios will be plug and play but youll have to go to the dealership to match it to your vin and unlock it. and you should be able to add the controls without replacing the whole steering wheel. I'm pretty sure someone here has done it before.

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
You can get a 2010 gauge cluster that houses the DIC. That along with the needed steering wheel buttons and then I guess you have to add a wire. I don't know of any specific info yet, but hopefully more info will come up and it'll be easy to make happen. I plan to go this route. But I guess the newer cluster lights are different so I may crack it open to make it all red first :D

Its probably worth mentioning this route isn't much cheaper than the metra kit. Unless you can get a cheap used cluster...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts