Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car starts fine but after I drive about 3 blocks and stop at an intersection it will either die or the engine bogs down then dies and there is a significant power loss from motor. I cant figure out what the problem is. I joined this site in hopes to find a solution. I've gotten codes for cam shaft sensor, crankshaft sensor, and MAF. I've replaced both sensors and cleaned MAF check engine code are gone but the problem is still happening. My car has the 3.5l v6. Anyone else having this problem or know the solution?:confused:

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
I've gotten codes for cam shaft sensor, crankshaft sensor, and MAF. I've replaced both sensors and cleaned MAF check engine code are gone but the problem is still happening.
if u give me the exact codes since the issue started, that may provide a clue.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My car starts fine but after I drive about 3 blocks and stop at an intersection it will either die or the engine bogs down then dies and there is a significant power loss from motor. I cant figure out what the problem is. I joined this site in hopes to find a solution. I've gotten codes for cam shaft sensor, crankshaft sensor, and MAF. I've replaced both sensors and cleaned MAF check engine code are gone but the problem is still happening. My car has the 3.5l v6. Anyone else having this problem or know the solution?:confused:
Did you find out the problem I’m having the same problem

·
Registered
218 Posts
That post is 7 years old. If my cars bog down when trying to accelerate I suspect it has something to do with the ignition system. I would start with spark plugs, then wires, then coils..

·
Registered
2 Posts
That post is 7 years old. If my cars bog down when trying to accelerate I suspect it has something to do with the ignition system. I would start with spark plugs, then wires, then coils..
My problem started with the map/maf sensor along with vvt sensor and cam shaft sensors I fixed all of them then got po420 fixed it as well ran great for a few days now back to the same problems

·
Registered
296 Posts
My problem started with the map/maf sensor along with vvt sensor and cam shaft sensors I fixed all of them then got po420 fixed it as well ran great for a few days now back to the same problems
Once again, instead of "tagging on" to an existing thread that gave no resolution. Try reading it all BEFORE tagging on REPEATING symptoms and DO what was requested by one member trying to help and get codes read and POST the CODE NUMBERS so responders have something to work with.
Also since you did NOT say, is yours the 3.5 V6 that only came on the gt or is yours a base model with the 3,5 or 2.4 L4????

1 - 8 of 8 Posts