Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my 2008 G6 GT convertible when it was 18 months old with 23,000km. It is used almost exclusively by my wife, now having 80,000km. Here is a video of the top in operation. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbxXz-Re-9s&feature=youtu.be The car is used in Nova Scotia, Canada, with its temperate climate.

I am 6'5" and my wife, also tall, wanted a sports car. Most sports cars are built for, shall we say, Japanese sized persons, so size and comfort were important. We are delighted with this car in almost all respects. The 3.5L engine gives plenty of power and the trunk is very adequate when the top is up. The seats in the rear also provide good room for passengers though are not often used.

Overall the car is very reliable. I just bought the first replacement battery. The drivers door handle needed replacement about a year ago after simply breaking within. I had to replace the front left wheel bearing a couple of months ago. Currently I have an issue with the driver's seat which has developed over the last 6 months. It has a broken weld causing the seat to tip to the right when raising it up. I will contact GM to see what they will do about this. Anyone else had this problem? I see a couple of posts in this forum about this issue.

The few problems aside, we love this car and it's a pity Pontiacs are no longer made. Are they making an equivalent now? This is my first hardtop convertible - I will buy another because, to all intents and purposes, it's a normal hardtop car when it is up.

·
Registered
349 Posts
to all intents and purposes, it's a normal hardtop car when it is up.
This is one thing I love about the G6 convertible. With the roof up you really would not know it is convertible without a closer look. Also it is quiet and drives just like a "normal" car with the top up. And finally when the mood takes, which is still daily for me, you have the best sunroof of all...

Hope you continue to enjoy.

·
Registered
113 Posts
This is one thing I love about the G6 convertible. With the roof up you really would not know it is convertible without a closer look. Also it is quiet and drives just like a "normal" car with the top up. And finally when the mood takes, which is still daily for me, you have the best sunroof of all...
It's like having 2 cars but only paying for one!!!

You don't have to worry about A-holes slicing your soft top either!

·
virdek
1 Posts
have had my HT convertible for 4 yrs. I have 70,000 on it and had to have the head gaskets replaced- -warranty ran out Dec. 2013- really mad- they do not tell you when you buy extended warranty that is starts the day the car is made.I loved my car-but am afraid of more engine problems.Had oil changes when needed-always at the dealer. No one can say why this happened- never had a car with this problem [my saturn had 125,000]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts