Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I just found out how Pontiac is going to fit the G6 GXP into the 2008 lineup.

The GT will be getting the LZ4 engine (3.5 V6 219 hp) with only a 4sp auto available.

The GXP will be getting the LY7 engine (3.6 V6 252 hp) with the 6sp auto.

·
Designed For Action
509 Posts
The G6 GTP is history, along with the 6 MT also. :(

·
Registered
557 Posts
So there's no way to get a modern powertrain without the gawd-aweful bucktooth front end and fake hood scoops? If so, GM has just killed this cars chances to compete with the classy looking foreign competition. It's a damn shame they dropped the manual transmission. It should be offered by default because Pontiac is the "sporty" brand... I predict Saturn Aura sales to increase drastically for 2008.

·
Designed For Action
509 Posts
bigbengt67 said:
So there's no way to get a modern powertrain without the gawd-aweful bucktooth front end and fake hood scoops? If so, GM has just killed this cars chances to compete with the classy looking foreign competition. It's a damn shame they dropped the manual transmission. It should be offered by default because Pontiac is the "sporty" brand... I predict Saturn Aura sales to increase drastically for 2008.
The scooped hood and revised fascia are available as an option package. The G6 GXP 'base' doesn't come standard with those parts. The 6MT should have been available as an option,but GM is not going to spend the money to revise it again.

·
Registered
557 Posts
So basically, the GXP base is this years GTP? Why not keep 4 trim levels- base, GT, GTP, and GXP? Maybe GM realized that if they brought out a GXP that had the same powertrain as the GTP the performance boost that comes with the other GXP lines would be lost. I guess I just answered my own question.

·
Registered
67 Posts
GM isnt thinking too well these days :(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts