Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know why i might be getting a error showing up were my odometer number are.car will not drive forward but will go in reverse.i run codes and it tells me no codes found

·
Registered
313 Posts
IF you are using a basic OBDII scanner, you probably need a better(higher level) scanner to get transmission and BCM/ABS codes.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I don't have books for the car, BUT I'm sure if you Google search the code that you'll find something on how to diagnose and repair the problem. Yes if the trans control module is not communicating , the trans will not work right.
GOOD LUCK and keep us informed.

·
Registered
2007 Pontiac G6 sedan
19 Posts
I have a 2007 2.4L and had the same code. The difference is I had a diagnostic tool plugged into the OBD port. It connects with my phone via Bluetooth to keep me updated on any possible issues. The same error code came up on my odometer. The alarm started about 10 minutes after I started driving with the tool plugged in. After trying to figure it out I simply unplugged the tool and the error and all codes immediately cleared and car returned to normal. Not sure if this helps or is anything similar to your situation. Good luck.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Does anyone know why i might be getting a error showing up were my odometer number are.car will not drive forward but will go in reverse.i run codes and it tells me no codes found
My mechanic (Grad. of MIT/Harvard/Yale/TCU) says that code means: Oh... I'm ready for the savage yard !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts