Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an issue with the passenger side low beam head light on my G6. The lamp is not burnt out after much troubleshooting. I get voltage on the black wire at the socket yet it still does not light up. I have checked the fuses and all of them in the rear and front fuse panel are good.

1. Does anyone have a wiring diagram of the headlamps to the fuse panel?
2. Which wire is supposed to be hot and which is supposed to be ground?
There's a black wire and a green (high) or yellow wire (low).

Thanks in advance,

·
Registered
638 Posts
the black wire is the ground you should not get voltage on it, if im reading your post right, do you mean you are measureing a voltage from the black wire to the frame of the car? does the high beam headlight work?? if you are in fact getting voltage on the black wire to the frame of the car then this indicates you likely have a bad ground wire. yellow is supposed to be +12V

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok I figured it out. I wasn't getting voltage to the bulb. The fuse was good in the engine compartment so I began to test each connector from the fuse panel with a test light and found that btw the harness wire connector and head lamp main connector something was wrong with the connection. So I went to Pontiac to see if I could get a couple of simple metal connectors or just the male and female harness connectors and of course they don't have that you have to spend $400 to get a new harness and then a new light housing of course another $300. So ended up bypassing the harness for now and will see if I can find a harness in the junk yard. There was a lot of corrosion on this connector too. I would suggest if anyone has an issue with electrical to check the harness connectors and ensure there is not a corrosion issue and use some electrical grease to reconnect them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have an issue with the passenger side low beam head light on my G6. The lamp is not burnt out after much troubleshooting. I get voltage on the black wire at the socket yet it still does not light up. I have checked the fuses and all of them in the rear and front fuse panel are good.

1. Does anyone have a wiring diagram of the headlamps to the fuse panel?
2. Which wire is supposed to be hot and which is supposed to be ground?
There's a black wire and a green (high) or yellow wire (low).

Thanks in advance,
The connector at the headlamp separates . You push it together and if it connects it just barely touches and as it cools down the connection separates and the light goes out. I had to twist the flat 'spade' part of the connector in the connector housing to keep the connector from becoming disconnected, twisted about 30 to 40 degrees. The connector metal parts are barely touching the way that the connector was engineered. Poor design.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts