Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Poor Man Has POOR WAYS I have just bought car very grateful to have the ability to do that!!! Now it has oil leaks it is a clean car but under the plastic it is bad!!! With fingers crossed replaced valve cover hoping that was it!!! Replaced oil sensor only code that came up!!! Changed weekoil cleaned all the oil under the cars spot underbelly!!! ALOT of work it is still leaking tv a quart weekly!! How long can it continue I am in desperate situation been told that car was not worth replacing rear main Oil is getting everywhere again I’ve got a payment monthly so I am all in!! Paying on 5009 for car what can I do to catch a break!!! How long can I keep putting quart in this? Someone that knows give me some advice I’ll follow it

· Registered
2008 Pontiac G6 GXP, 3.6L V6 sedan
95 Posts
Oil pan gasket or the cover to the timing chain/water pump area cover gasket. Those are the ones that leak the most on the 3.5L engine. They become hard and crusted or work was done and gasket was not replaced. Hope this helps.

· Super Moderator
1,046 Posts
If you are seeing oil build up on the starter motor, then another known oil leak area is the gasket between the oil filter adapter and engine block (part 422 on the diagram below) GM Part 12607947

White Rectangle Font Slope Line

· Registered
2 Posts
Poor Man Has POOR WAYS I have just bought car very grateful to have the ability to do that!!! Now it has oil leaks it is a clean car but under the plastic it is bad!!! With fingers crossed replaced valve cover hoping that was it!!! Replaced oil sensor only code that came up!!! Changed weekoil cleaned all the oil under the cars spot underbelly!!! ALOT of work it is still leaking tv a quart weekly!! How long can it continue I am in desperate situation been told that car was not worth replacing rear main Oil is getting everywhere again I’ve got a payment monthly so I am all in!! Paying on 5009 for car what can I do to catch a break!!! How long can I keep putting quart in this? Someone that knows give me some advice I’ll follow it
I have the same problem rear camshaft seal is leaking all over the place I bought at 205 re- seal I was told by a very trusted mechanic this will work I haven't put it in yet since you have to drive it awhile afterwards I was advised 50 miles at least and I haven't had the time yet my husband did use thia in his 72 dodge for leaks and it did the job hope this helps

· Registered
1 Posts
I always had a leak but never enough to puddle. A guy had me replace the valve seals. Now I puddle…couldn’t put my thumb on it and then I realized they put in 5 qts of oil into my engine!! It’s 4 qts! I am hoping that once the extra half a quart is removed it quits puddling! Make sure if you have this car they do not over fill your oil because it will find a way out! (Your seals!!) UGH!!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts