Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, I have a 2008 Pontiac G6 v6, with 50,000kms.
I just purchased the car from the dealership, and after i got it home, i took it for another drive and realized when I'm on the brakes at slow speeds, there is a creaking/ horrible sound coming from the rear, it only does it when in drive, no noise is heard when in reverse and braking.
So i took it to the mechanic and they had all my discs and rotors changed, then i took it home, and the noise started again... I dont know what it is, Any help would be appreciated.

Also, when turning my wheels at very slow speeds, i get a bit of vibration out of the steering wheel, it does not do this at high speeds, but just started doing it the other day.

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Go back to the dealership and complain.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just bought a G6 also and took it back to the shop a couple of times complaining about the steering too. They couldn't find anything wrong with it. They said it's the electric steering in the G6. I wouldn't worry about it too much (although maybe someone else here in the forums has encountered this and has more info) but I would be concerned about the noise in the back. Take it back! It doesn't sound like they're giving you a hard time about it and you shouldn't have to be paying to fix a car you just bought.

Keep me posted, I'd like to hear what they say about both problems.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts