Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I'm the new owner of a 2008 G6 . Bought it privately with just 36,000 km. We travel in kilometers here northwest of Toronto, Canada. So far so good. Only one issue. The rear passenger door lock does not go up or down. Might it be the actuator?

·
Old far...er...tinkerer..
303 Posts
Hello all,
I'm the new owner of a 2008 G6 . Bought it privately with just 36,000 km. We travel in kilometers here northwest of Toronto, Canada. So far so good. Only one issue. The rear passenger door lock does not go up or down. Might it be the actuator?
It probably is. But before you buy one, take the door apart and verify it. For example, there could be a broken wire in the door jamb (altho those are most likely to occur in the driver's door). In another case, on my truck, what I thought was a bad actuator turned out to be a broken rivet which allowed the actuator to move instead of the lock rod. All I had to do was remove the rivet remnants and insert a bolt in its place.

Doug

·
Registered
27 Posts
Welcome! That's a pretty awesome find at 36Km!! Sounds like you found a good gently used car. Due to the low mileage I really wouldn't suspect a wiring problem (although maybe it was drive a very short distance every day, and that case all bets are out the window).
If the actuator doesn't make any noise when activated it likely is seized or electrically open (probably from lack of use). To diagnose best you should remove the door panel and check power and ground at actuator when activating it. I have seen lots of YouTube videos show up online showing how to remove door panels on the G6 if you are not familiar with the operation.
Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts