Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 2008 G6 GT 3.5
When I am setting at the red lite in gear it has a hesitation like it is skipping but it doesn't do it all the time.when I get to 40mph it still has a hesitation once in awhile but when I step on the gas pedal it goes away it also does it at 60mph.When I'm doing 70 + it drives smooth.The Vehicle has 56,000 miles on it.Does anyone have any suggestion's

· Registered
17 Posts
This may sound stupid, but when was the last time you changed your air filter? I had a hesitation with my GT and changed the filter and it went away. I also put a can of Sea Foam into the Gas Tank which may have helped too. I think if it was the transmission it would be slipping all the time.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This may sound stupid, but when was the last time you changed your air filter? I had a hesitation with my GT and changed the filter and it went away. I also put a can of Sea Foam into the Gas Tank which may have helped too. I think if it was the transmission it would be slipping all the time.
I put a K&N Airfilter in about a year ago

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have a 2008 G6 GT 3.5
When I am setting at the red lite in gear it has a hesitation like it is skipping but it doesn't do it all the time.when I get to 40mph it still has a hesitation once in awhile but when I step on the gas pedal it goes away it also does it at 60mph.When I'm doing 70 + it drives smooth.The Vehicle has 56,000 miles on it.Does anyone have any suggestion's
I put a bottle of Techron in my Vehicle WOW what a difference no more hesitation runs smooth everything is great just hope it last.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.