1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GTO Regeneration: Next-gen Pontiac muscle car reportedly will hit market in '08
BOB GRITZINGER
Posted Date: 8/3/05

What you see in this illustration is a fairly close rendition of what we can expect when the next-generation Pontiac GTO hits the market in 2008. We say “fairly close” because we’ve seen the super-secret spy photos upon which it is based, and the actual shots show a sleeker, wider, lower and, frankly, far more appealing car.

That’s the good news.

The bad news is General Motors’ Aussie division Holden reportedly may not start cranking out these future Goats until 2008, a full two years after production ceases on the 2006 Holden Monaro-based GTO.

One more tidbit: It’s not shown here, but we hear GM is considering doing this GTO as a four-door coupe, using rear-hinged rear-access doors without visible handles.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
I do like the new look. I like the 2005 with all new bumpers and scoops. I dont like that it is going to be built in over seas, that means no On-Star or XM radio.

·
Registered
557 Posts
^ That comment makes no sense. Give me a reason why a car built overseas can't have XM or OnStar and I will reply back with anumber of cars built outside the US that have XM (or Sirius) or OnStar avalible. Just because XM and OnStar aren't avalible in the countries a car originates from doesn't mean the manufacturer can't put the product in the car anyway.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I don't like it!....looks kinda mean...but reminds me alot of the new Mustangs...which I like.

Dunno....does anyone else see that? Check out the lines of the car, Don't focus too much on the styling..but look at the body in general and how it sits.....

Am I alone here?

SBM

·
Registered
13 Posts
That comment makes no sense. Give me a reason why a car built overseas can't have XM or OnStar and I will reply back with anumber of cars built outside the US that have XM (or Sirius) or OnStar avalible. Just because XM and OnStar aren't avalible in the countries a car originates from doesn't mean the manufacturer can't put the product in the car anyway.
The 2004 or 2005 GTO does not have Onstar or XM availible to it from factory, due to it being a holden vehicle. Most likely no Onstar or XM for the 2008 model either.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts