Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a great deal on wheels and tires since the stock wheels that are currently on my gxp are scratched up and scuffed from the previous owner I've been searching for a new set, not exactly a cheap modification however I'm hoping I've been struck with some luck.
The dilema is the guy selling the wheels is absolute on the fact that these wheels and tires will fit however I am not so certain and will have a quite a distance to travel in order to purchase them and hate to waste the trip.
The wheels in question are 5 bolt 100 18"x7.5 with 215/35/18 tires. I know very little when it comes to this stuff, just looking for some insight.

·
2007 gt retractable
319 Posts
i was surprised too.the bolt pattern is different than same year similer size buicks and caddys.also different from pontiac bonneville wheels.

·
08 convertible
230 Posts
I wouldn't expect it to be the same as "similar size" GM cars, I would expect it to be the same as other Epsilon platform cars, like the Saab and Malibu. And it is.

·
Registered
14 Posts
DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME. The correct rim size for the GXP is 18x7 and the correct tire size is P225/50R18. If you’re intending to keep your wheels exactly how they were with the factory rims then don’t go out of your way for a guy making false claims. I recently had the same issue finding the correct rims, try looking up rims for the Malibu LTZ because they are exactly the same from that year. Or do what I did and find some cooler ones that are the correct size that are sometimes cheaper

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks so much for all the insight, really glad I asked. I did come across another deal a little more exspensive but a steal compared to buying brand new. Like I said in my original post I know very little about this whole tire sizing and options so I'd like some insight on this set whether it's a go or not.
5x114.3 bolt pattern 245/40/18s

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts