Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a vibration most of the time in the gas peddle and the center counsel.
I have a 2008 G6 gxp with the 3.6 6 speed.
Anyone else with this potential problem?
Higher speeds you can feel it sometimes on the arm rest (center counsel).
Thanks Matt

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats what I thought. I painted my calipers and removed each wheel as I was cleaning them from the inside I noticed a lot of weights in all different spots on every wheel!!
Is this normal for a brand new car?
Thanks Matt

·
Registered
67 Posts
Are you weights on the inside of the rim like most newer cars? They should be in a single row if so. Sounds like you have a balance issue or your rotors also maybe warpped if you happen to speed and break hard.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Thats what I thought. I painted my calipers and removed each wheel as I was cleaning them from the inside I noticed a lot of weights in all different spots on every wheel!!
Is this normal for a brand new car?
Thanks Matt
did you buys your car new? or did you get it from somebody? how many miles do you have on it and what kind of rims do you have ...

i think it's normal to have weights on the tires because they don't make them perfect and they still have to balance them ...

with your problem i'd check the tire ballance ... it's like $10 per tire

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
^ my car was brand new. Had 12 miles on it. The wheels are 18 inch black chrome from gm. Made by cromotec I think? I have an appointment with the dealership on Tuesday so they can check out the vibrations I feel. I will let you all know:)
Matt

1 - 8 of 8 Posts