Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I'm new here. Ok this what happened.
The car is a one owner and had been sitting up for almost a decade.
I expected issues but it cranked slow when I bought it.
I parked my car at home do the night and it didn't start the next morning.
Previous issue: Before this happened the car would start hella slow, when it did start, it seem like it didn't have full acceleration cause on the other Eway I can floor it and it would not go any faster. Then of course the CEL is and been on.
Replaced: STARTER, FUEL PUMP, BOTH CAM SHAFT POSITION SENSORS NOT SOLENOIDS, AND DAMMIT IT STILL WON'T CRANK.
I'VE CHECKED SEVERAL FORUMS TO SEE BUT IM STILL NOT SURE.
I HAVE NOT HAD A OBD READING BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE ONE AND IT WONT MOVE. I'M TRYING TO SEE IF I NEED TO REPLACE THE VVT SOLENOIDS???? I NEED MY CAR FOR WORK YALL.
NOW IT MAKES A SOUND LIKE ITS OUT OF TIMING OR SOMETHING COULD THE SOLENOIDS BE THE COMMON PROBLEM WITH THIS OR WHAT??
I DON'T HAVE NOBODY TO FIX IT BUT ME.

·
Registered
336 Posts
If you could provide what size motor under the hood, it would be most helpful for responses.
AND to expect a car that sat unused for a decade to NOT have problems is a bit unrealistic.
Did you replace the battery and oil/oil filter yet? Injectors may be totally gunked up as for no acceleration. SOO MANY POSSIBLES from this situation.

·
Registered
699 Posts
It may not be what you want to hear but I think your best bet will be to get hold of an OBD scan tool. Perhaps a friend or neighbour has one or they can take you to an auto store who may rent one if you cannot get the car there. Worst case it may even be worth ordering one. Without the scan codes you may end up spending more on replacing unnecessary parts. Hope you get it fixed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts