Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This one has got me stumped. I'm ready to just trade it in and start anew. Here's the issue. Key in ignition. Try and crank but seems to only engage the starter as it spins but it will not start. Replaced Starter. Still having issue. Have had it towed to shop twice and each time it arrives at the shop and they go to start it it starts right up. Can't reproduce. Please help quickly . I can't keep renting a car every time this thing doesn't start.

·
Professional geek
433 Posts
This one has got me stumped. I'm ready to just trade it in and start anew. Here's the issue. Key in ignition. Try and crank but seems to only engage the starter as it spins but it will not start. Replaced Starter. Still having issue. Have had it towed to shop twice and each time it arrives at the shop and they go to start it it starts right up. Can't reproduce. Please help quickly . I can't keep renting a car every time this thing doesn't start.
If the starter turns the engine when you crank it, it is not the starter. It would either be a fuel delivery or an ignition problem. Is the security light on when you crank it? If so, the BCM is preventing you from starting it because it cannot read the transponder in the key. It could also be a fuel pump or PCM problem. Any other lights on? Have you tried cranking it again after 5 or 10 minutes? More details = advice that will be more on target.

~ MattInSoCal

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The engine does not crank. Just a spinning sound the first 2 or 3 times you try and crank the engine. Then after that...nothing. It's my wife's car so I'll have to check with her regarding the security light.

·
Registered
2 Posts
It's been a long time, but did you ever figure out what was wrong with the Pontiac G6 and get it fixed? I'm having the same issue too, and EVERYTIME the shop gets it, it starts RIGHT up! They've replaced the fuel pump, fuel pump relay, and the entire fuse box. I've found that sometimes it will start up if I tap or hit the fuse box. Please help!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.